Monday, May 22, 2006

A Stage Win!

My first NRC stage win and this is the picture I thought best portrayed what was going through my head during the entire 4 1/2 hours of racing in 40 degree heat! It was a 93 mile race with three climbs. By the end of the third climb we had shrunk the group to eleven riders and moved Rachel into 1st GC. Our goal was to get someone off the front for a stage win, so we began to fire off a series of attacks coming into the finish. With 5km to go, I got a gap and gave it everything I had to make it over the finish line 30 seconds ahead of the group. Rachel took the group finish for 2nd and Tara took 3rd. The swim in this pool afterwards never felt so good! :-) Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you Leigh, that race must have been pure HELL with those temps and the climbs, but YOU DID IT!!!
Can't wait to see you this week.
Love always
Mom and the gang

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!